(God it feels good to say that again!)
The Pembroke Pines Theatre of the Performing Arts (PPTOPA)
Announces Auditions for
Director & Choreographer Michael Biggs • Assistant Director Alicia Mocha Marie Rivera
Musical Direction by Jesse Veliz
Equity and Non-Equity.
PPTOPA is a regional professional theatre. All performers are paid.
About the Show:
Set in the beginning of World War II, the story follows Clifford Bradshaw, an American Academic searching for life worth writing about, and Frauline Schneider, struggling with controversial love under the impending Nazi regime.
Saturday, June 26, 2021 from 1p-5p. Call-Backs will be Sunday, June 27 starting at 1pm at: Jersey College 7775 W Oakland Park Blvd. Sunrise, FL 33351
Masks will be required except in the audition rooms. Social distancing will also be observed.
Rehearsals: September 27 – October 17, 2021. Tech: October 18-21. Schedule TBD.
Show Dates: October 22 – November 7, 2021. Fri/Sat evenings & Sat/Sun Matinees. 12 Total Performances.
Please prepare 32 bars from musical theater from the Kander & Ebb repertoire (not from Cabaret). Have an alternate 32 bar musical theater selection prepared in case the Directors would like to hear more. In lieu of a monologue, share a 1-minute anecdote from your experiences during the COVID pandemic. Be prepared to tell a joke. There will be a dance call. Be prepared for movement.
Those interested in Sally Bowles should demonstrate a British dialect.
Please submit Headshot and Resume by Wednesday, June 16th at 5pm.
Rehearsals and performances will be held at PPTOPA: Susan B. Katz Theater of the Performing Arts at the River of Grass ArtsPark, 17195 Sheridan Street, Pembroke Pines, FL 33331
• Cliff Bradshaw – American Novelist. Baritone C#3-E4 Age- 25ish.
• Ernst Ludwig – Friend of Cliff and Schneider. German. Baritone C#3-E4 Age- 25-40.
• Fraulein Schneider – German. Manager of the Apartment Complex. Alto Eb3-A4 Age- 40-60.
• Herr Schultz- Jewish man who runs the fruit shop. Falls in love with Schneider. Tenor C3-G4. Age 50+.
• Max- Owner of the Kit Kat Klub. Age 25-40.
• Fraulein Kost – “Friendly” Girl who rents a room from Schneider. Nazi Supporter. Belter F#3-E5.
• Sally Bowles – British Quirky Girl, character. Charming. Belter E3-C5.
• Master of Ceremonies – Gender Fluid, Drug Addicted – Tenor Db3-A4.
• Kit Kat Klub Ensemble – Men & Women Ages 18+
All roles are available. The Director is dedicated to color-blind and non-traditional casting. All colors, sizes, shapes are encouraged to audition.
This show addresses adult themes.