Von Heidecke’s Chicago Festival Ballet
Location: Chicago, IL
Auditions for Chicago Festival Ballet’s production of the Nutcracker will be held on Saturday, August 15th, and Saturday, August 29th, at VH Dance Center, 4222 Meridian Parkway, Suite 100, Aurora, IL 60504.
Auditions will take place according to the following schedule:
• 12:00 pm – 12:15 pm: dancers ages 3-4
• 12:15 pm – 12:30 pm: dancers ages 5-6
• 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm: dancers ages 7-12
• 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm: dancers age 13 – adult
• Dancers must arrive 15 minutes prior to their age group’s start time to register.
• Audition forms are available on our website at www.vhdancecenter.com or by emailing [email protected] .
• Preregistration is required. Dancers age 3 – 12 will be limited to 12 dancers per audition, and ages 13 and up will be limited to 22 per audition.
• All scheduled rehearsals are mandatory
• Cast member participation fee (for those selected):
Cast as Angel: $25
Cast as Mouse & Angel: $35
Cast as Mouse & Flower: $40
Cast in two roles: $50
Cast in three or more roles, or Clara: $60
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the holiday season is uncertain for most theaters at this point. The Von Heidecke Chicago Festival Ballet’s “The Nutcracker,” choreographed by Kenneth von Heidecke is tentatively scheduled to be performed at the following theaters:
“The Nutcracker” performances:
• Sunday, November 29th, at 2PM, at the Rialto Square Theater in Joliet, Illinois
• The Schauer Arts Center in Hartford, Wisconsin, 2 performances on December 4th and December 5th
• The Ritz Theatre in Tiffin, Ohio, one performance on December 20th
Only dancers on pointe, or in levels D & E, will be cast in the out-of-town performances. Younger dancers will be cast in the local performance at the Rialto. There will be additional touring fees (to cover bus, hotel, and food) for dancers selected to perform out of town. If theater performances are cancelled due to COVID restrictions, a Nutcracker production featuring our student cast will be performed at our Aurora studio. Choreography will be modified to allow for 6 foot spacing, and dancers will have masks to match their costumes. This performance will not have an audience, but will be videotaped for purchase, and live stream tickets will be available.
Payment: Non Paid
City or Location of call: Chicago, IL
This casting notice was posted by: Von Heidecke’s Chicago Festival Ballet