An up-and-coming female high school-age rapper
UMC – the first streaming service for Black TV and film – is teaming up with the ABFF Film Festival to give you an opportunity to ShootYourShot for our national casting call!
THE ROLE: An up-and-coming female high school-age rapper, social media sensation, and foster kid who thinks she is the best thing to happen to the rap game since
[insert your favorite female rapper here].
Talent Search Role Requirements, Rules, and Regulations
1. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter. We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. Please submit qualified performers without regard to disability, race, age, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other bases prohibited by law.
2. In order to be considered, each contestant must submit:
A 3-minute profile video about themselves and their background
2 contemporary monologue performances – 1 comedy, 1 drama
A rap performance of 1 verse of their choice (original or cover)
4. Submissions will be accepted from May 18, 2020 – June 30, 2020.
5. Five finalists will be selected and notified on August 10, 2020.
6. Each finalist selected will move up to the final round of the casting process where they must perform a scene from “Partners In Rhyme,” and a rap verse in front of an audience plus a panel of judges during the ABFF Film Festival.
7. The winner will be selected on the spot and will ultimately earn the co-starring role alongside MC Lyte!
8. All submitted materials become property of UMC and Sunny Gyrl, Inc.
*NOTE: If the ABFF film festival must be canceled for any reason, UMC and Sunny Gyrl, Inc. will still move forward with selecting a winner.*