boys and girls currently in the 4th – 12th grade
Auditions for the Sandy Arts Guild’s production of James and the Giant Peach Jr. are on January 4, 5 and 6, 6:15 – 9:00 pm. Callbacks are by invitation on Saturday, January 8 during the day. Rehearsals are on selected weeknights from 7-9 pm and Saturday mornings from 9 am to 1 pm. The show runs March 24-26. Tony Akin is the director, music direction is by Lisa Noyes and choreography by Amy Akin.
Needed are boys and girls currently in the 4th – 12th grade. All parts are open.
Please be prepared with the following at auditions:
- Sixteen bars of music from a Broadway musical in a style similar to the show. Please bring music properly marked with starting and ending points. An accompanist will be available. Minus tracks (music without lyrics) are accepted, but sheet music is preferred. If a minus track is used, it needs to be on a device that will plug into a standard aux cord or headphone jack. Please, no CD’s. No a cappella, please.
- Be prepared to perform the dance combination demonstrated in this video, click here.
- List of conflicts from January 8 through March 26
- Current photo
All auditions and callbacks will be held at the Sandy Parks and Recreation Building, 440 East 8680 South. Reserved audition times are highly recommended. To reserve an audition time, click here. To download an audition form click here. Character descriptions are available by clicking here. Click here for audition tips. All information is available by going to www.sandyarts.com.
- There is a $50 fee for those cast in the show.
- There is a mandatory morning performance on March 24 that will necessitate missing school.
- There are two performances on Saturday, March 26. You will be called from 2-9 pm.
- Parents of youth cast in the show are required to serve on a committee AND help with supervision at rehearsals and performances.
- An adult is required to attend the cast meeting the morning of Saturday, January 29.
Send inquiries to