Vida Whipple King
Able to create and maintain an Italian character
BESTAgency is seeking fun, energetic, and talented individuals to fill Full-time, Part-time, and On-call positions with our world renowned singing gondolier program, inside the Venetian Hotel & Casino. Our gondoliers are often the highlight of many a Vegas adventure, and are considered the icons of the Venetian resort. Join us in making life-long memories for the thousands of guests we meet every day. You bring the voice, we’ll bring the boats!
Each candidate must participate in a mandatory two-week, paid training course in which they will learn the ins and outs of operating a 2200lb floating gondola, the rich history and architecture of Venice, and the fundamentals of providing an exhilarating and unique experience for our guests.
Gondolier Candidates must meet the following criteria:
· Able to sing and project acapella, in English and Italian
· Have an outgoing personality, and enjoy interacting with others
· Able to swim (just in case)
· Able to create and maintain an Italian character
· Able to learn and retain a variety of Italian themed songs
· Able to commit to a minimum number of work hours per week
· Able to work indoors and/or outdoors throughout the year
· Able to stand for up to 8 hours a day
· Able to pass a standard drug test
Audition Requirements & Information:
In addition to your headshot and resume, please prepare two contrasting acapella pieces, 1-2 minutes in length. It is preferable that at least one song be in Italian.
· Auditions will be held Thursday, June 10th- 1:30pm- at BESTAgency 5801 S. Decatur Blvd, Ste 110
If selected, candidates MUST be available for the entirety of the paid training:
· JUMP TEST- Thursday, June 24th- 8:00am10:00am at the Venetian outdoor canal: Candidates must jump into the deep end of the canal, swim to the gondola, and climb in unassisted. Candidates must successfully pass this test in order to continue with training.
· ORIENTATION- Friday, June 25th-10:00am-12:00pm at the Venetian: Candidates will meet with the management team to discuss policies and procedures, as well as performance expectations
· TRAINING- Saturday, June 26th through Saturday, July 10th (Monday-Saturday)
· Training will consist of hands-on experience with rowing and maneuvering a gondola, studying the history of Venetian culture and architecture, and two days of voice and dialect training.
**Note: Training will take place Monday-Friday from 6a-10a, and Saturdays from 8a-4p for two weeks. **Dates & Times are subject to change
FOR INQUIRIES: Please email
- Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning training