Directed by Emilio Casillas.
Stage Manager–Sam Allen
Set Designer–David Bruner
Sound Designer–Katelyn Limber
Lighting Designer–Aaron Gubler
Costume Designer–Rae Sip
Intimacy Director–Liz Whittaker
A surrealistic play that follows a young woman named Gabriela who has been separated from her husband, a military man. He has been off fighting in the Middle East, and returns feeling lonely and sexually frustrated. When he returns, Gabriela gives him an ultimatum. Features actors playing a coyote, a cat and a personified moon.
- Moon: The moon in the sky, Gabriela’s friend.
- Coyote: A wild one.
- Cat: A fat one, Gabriela’s pet.
- Martín: A Latino of fourteen, Gabriela’s neighbor.
- Gabriela: A Latina of twenty-seven, an army housewife.
- Benito: A Latino, twenty-nine, Gabriela’s husband, a soldier.
- (It is preferred that the individuals playing Gabriela and Benito are a a real-life couple.)
Auditions will be Friday, August 14 from 6-9 pm in 10-minute slots over Zoom. Sides will be sent to those auditioning prior to auditioning. The script is also available on the Wasatch Theatre Company website audition page. Callbacks will be on August 15th from 6-9 pm. Individuals will be notified if they are invited to the callback.
The show run dates are November 11-20 at The Box, 124 South 400 West. If in the continued event of Covid-19 complications, the show may be postponed. The producers, director, cast, and crew will actively monitor the situation. Rehearsals will occur primarily at The Box with attention to social distancing, masks, and temperature checks. An intimacy director will be deployed to work with Gabriela and Benito on their intimate scenes. Cast members will be employed at $150.